Monday, October 19, 2015

You Pick 3 Statement

Anja Wilcenski
Mrs. Bjork
10/12/15
AP Art


I picked out, Romanticism, Value and movement, which all have to do with each other. Romanticism has a lot of movement, usually depicting some sort of dramatic scene. Often it will depict people doing something such as dancing. In my three, I wanted to have a dancer, but also use movement of heavy cloth. I think this is the best looking piece because its simple but still showing that shes moving around. Then the woman looking at the earth shows the movement through the caressing of her hand around the planet, I think my original idea was a bit more romantic, but turned out to not be that style. Though I think it does have plenty of value and movement. Then lastly, my sea goddess piece represents all of the three principles of art very well, it has a slightly muddy look to it which romantic piece often have, as well as a large amount of movement. I don’t think these are my best pieces, romanticism has always been a slightly difficult concept for me. If I could I think I would replan my earth goddess piece to become much more romantic.  

I think the dancing woman and sea goddess came out the best and really represent romanticism in the best way. Also these two include the most movement and value.




(In my own defense, this is some of the worst work I've done, and I'm ashamed of it and I want to crawl into a hole and lay there for a bit)




No comments:

Post a Comment