Friday, July 10, 2015

I've got something to say

Aesthetic

I just learned what this word really really means. Before I just knew it as a word that is used a lot but no one really knows the meaning behind it. Well heres the definition of it.

Adj: concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.

"the pictures give great aesthetic pleasure"

Noun: a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.

"the Cubist aesthetic"

And it directly relates to art. For example, some people like pop art. That would be their aesthetic. To be completely honest the definition is still fuzzy because its been misused for the past ever. Thanks tumblr. But what I've gathered is the meaning is appreciating something beautiful like a flower or something. 

All I've learned it tumblr has plenty of """""""photographers""""""""' to go around


I'm glad lomo filters over a tree are making a come back. 


/Rant over

EDIT
I JUST LOOKED AT KIERRAS BLOG AND THE FIRST THING I SAW WAS HER "Milwaukee Aesthetic" IM SO SORRY OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment